Playwriting: The Power of the Monologue
Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Virtual Class Orientation (2 hours and exploring Narrative and Monologues)
Friday, September 23, 2022
- 2:00 p.m. Welcome at APT
- 2:30-4:30 p.m. Power of Narrative: Exploring (2 hours)
- 4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Writing the Black Woman (2 hours)
- 6:30 Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Writing by Moonlight (2 hours)
The course is open to beginners and experienced playwrights. We will visit historic sites where Harriet spent time..
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- 9:00 a.m. Power of Setting: Visit the Harriet Tubman Home
- 11:00 a.m. Tour Writing Time
- 12:00 Lunch
- 2:00 p.m. Cemetery Visit: Writing the end
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Pair and Share: Editing
Writing Lab and feedback Loop
Power of Voice in Monologue Writing
Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Reading by Faculty
- Writing for the Stage
- Departure: 1:00 p.m.
If you are interested in lodging options for the weekend, please contact the administrators.
Scholarship Applications are available. We have 3 scholarship spots for the class. Contact the administrator for more information. The class is capped at 12 students. Students will submit one page of writing for feedback. Submission will be sent in via google.